From today, 30 September 2020, homeowners and landlords can apply for a Green Home Grant. The grant, in the form of a voucher, can fund up to two thirds of the cost of upgrading the energy performance of your home (maximum £5000 government contribution). Low income households will be eligible for up to 100% government funding, up to around £10,000.
The grant will enable you to install one or more primary energy saving measures:
- Solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
- Air source or ground source heat pump
- Solar thermal
There are conditions attached to some of the measures. The measures have to be installed by a tradesman who is a TrustMark Registered Business or MCS Certified.
To apply, you’ll need:
- the name and date of birth of the property owner or owners
- the name and date of birth of anyone living in the property who is receiving benefits
- a quote for the work from a TrustMark-registered tradesperson
- the TrustMark licence number of your chosen tradesperson
Once you have that information, you can apply online at: https://green-homes-grant.service.gov.uk/homeowner-and-landlord-application